Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Mt. Samat National Shrine, Bataan



It was one fine day, woke up inspired and looking forward in spending the day by myself.  I want to  be on a zenith  to embrace the solitude of the loving nature.  

You know the feeling when you are up there and looking at the bottom?  It feels like everything on earth is just so small. The thing that bothers us is just a dot size, maybe just a dust that will disappear in wind.  Let it go.  Do not worry, just dance with the wind, like the wind, we feel its presence but doesn't stay.  It was my birthday, that's a gift to myself.  I want her to feel good and feel lighter.  Just be you.  I love myself. 


Mt. Samat is located in Balanga, Bataan.  It's the nearest high location and it was my first time to travel to Bataan.   I am excited to do something for the first time (again) to let my feet take me away. 

Are you ready?  I am ready.

I traveled by bus from SM Pampanga, any bus with Balanga sign will do.  I got into the First North Luzon Bus  to Balanga - Victory Bus Terminnal for P99 pesos fare and took me an hour and 40 minutes travel.    Then took a trike to take me to Balanga Terminal, the driver was charging me P20 pesos, I object saying I thought it's only P10 pesos ( I read it from a blog), and driver agreed. The trike did not run far.  You know what,  I could have just walk that distance of more or less a 100 meters.  Would be nicer if he just pointed me the location.  Well, anyway, I understand that he was trying to make a living, but!!!  That's  what happen when you don't know the area.  Take note of that…that's a lesson.

Then from Balanga terminal take a jeepney to "Cabog-cabog".  Tell the driver to Mt. Samat, the fare is P18 pesos. The driver will drop you off at the foot of Mt. Samat where trikes are waiting for passengers. 
Trike to Mt. Samat charges P100 pesos per head one way and P200 pesos for two way.   The trike will run with 2 passengers before it will go to Mt. Samat.  Since I was by myself I had to pay double, P400 pesos to go and back. 

The entrance fee was P30 pesos with an access to the lift to the museum on top of the cross, however the lift was not serviceable for many months, that's according to the guard.   Anyway the shrine was open from 8:00 am till 5pm.
Happy birthday to me

Mt. Samat National Shrine also known in Tagalog as Dambana ng Kagitingan or Shrine of Valor.   It is situated in Barangay Diwa, Pilar, Balanga, Bataan. 

I am blessed to see you and feel nature



The Battle of Bataan
The memorial was built to honor the Filipino and American soldiers who fought during World War II against the Japanese Army in 1942.
The Shrine was completed and inaugurated in 1970 during the time of President Marcos.









A fulfilled day.
Thank you.



Mt. Samat National Shrine
Barangay Diwa, Pilar, Balanga, 
Bataan, Philippines
February 10, 2017

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments on the space below.