Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Cover Up


Rights violated



I have a loan and my company has "closed down". It released the settlement through the bank but now I cannot withdraw a single fils.

"Because you are jobless", explained the bank authorities, when I asked why I could not withdraw my money. I personally appeared at the bank and stated my working status, after the closure of the company where I was working.

I asked what my options were when a company closed down. Given no option, I was asked to pay my monthly dues to avoid the late payment charges.

I am jobless, yes I am. And I have been responsible by paying my dues to the bank. I am avoiding the accumulation of late payment charges. However, is this how you handle customers who lose their jobs? Hold the money until a new job is found?

Haven't you realised that we need a shelter, feed ourselves daily and have an allowance in getting a new job?

I felt that the bank violated my rights by denying access to my own money or letting me decide on what to do with it.

You can take a few months' advance but don't hold all of it, it's equivalent to seven months salary.

I need to live.

For as long as I pay my monthly dues, you should not have issues with me.

Another bank at least thought about the welfare of their customers, took only one month advanced loan payment from my colleagues and did not hold money.

T G


This article Rights Violated sent to the Gulf Daily News in Bahrain about Standard Chartered Bank in holding my money.  My letter has been edited and editor omitted the name of the bank which I am not happy about. Why they have to cover the name of the establishment?  What is the point to sending an article to the newspaper publication when they are not telling the truth or covering up something to the public/readers? 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments on the space below.